The Medical and Dental Colleges Admission Test (MDCAT) is an examination to be taken by students as they apply to medical colleges in the Punjab of Pakistan. UHS MDCAT Entry Test 2023 will be conducted by UHS in the second week of September 2023 (Expected Date). It’s also one of the most important steps in securing admission to your desired medical college and ultimately completing your education, which will ultimately lead you to get licensed as a physician or doctor in the future. With that being said, you must make sure you know everything there is to know about this exam so that when you do sit down to take it, you don’t leave any room for error or confusion.
What is MDCAT?
The Medical and Dental Colleges Admission Test, also known as the MDCAT, is a standardized admission test mandatory for admission to MBBS and BDS programs in all public and private sector medical and dental institutions according to the regulations of the Pakistan Medical Commission. It consists of four multiple-choice sections- Biology, Physics, Chemistry, and English. It is 3 hours (210minutes) paper-based test that is offered once a year.
The test is administered by the Pakistan medical commission. In addition to producing and marking the test, UHS facilitates a large network of centers throughout the province where candidates can sit the test.
UHS MDCAT Test Date For 2023
The MDCAT-2023 is expected be held in September 2023. The test will start at 10.00 AM. This is the expected date for the UHS MDCAT 2023. The final date will be announced by the University of Health Sciences Lahore in the upcoming days.
UHS MDCAT Syllabus For 2023
The syllabus for the UHS MDCAT 2023 will be the same as announced by the Pakistan Medical Commission for MDCAT 2023. So you must follow the PMC MDCAT syllabus for UHS MDCAT 2023. UHS will use its own MDCAT MCQs bank for the test creation. So you are required to follow your PTB books for UHS MDCAT 2023.
Weightage of the UHS MDCAT Test
The merit of the candidate for the purpose of admission shall be worked out by adding the marks of different examinations in the following ratio:
- HSSC/FSc (Pre-Medical) or Equivalent – 40%
- SSC/Matric or Equivalent – 10%
- UHS MDCAT Admission Test – 50%
UHS MDCAT 2023 Test Pattern
For this year’s 2023 MDCAT test, UHS will follow the same syllabus and same paper pattern as issued by the Pakistan Medical Commission (PMC) for MDCAT 2023. This test consists of 200 multiple-choice questions- four options with only one right answer. The paper is divided into Five (05) sections, namely:
- Biology (68MCQs)
- Chemistry (56MCQs)
- Physics (56MCQs)
- English (General for language proficiency) (18 MCQs)
- Logical Reasoning (06 MCQs)
Note: It is expected that UHS will remove the Logical Reasoning (06 MCQs) from the syllabus but wait for the final announcement by UHS.
– The duration of the UHS MDCAT Test shall be 210minutes (3 hours and 30 minutes).
– There will be No negative marking, and one (01) mark will be awarded to a candidate for each correct answer. If you do not attempt a question, no marks will be deducted.
What are the passing marks for the UHS MDCAT?
As per the Admission Regulations PMC, the passing marks in the Test shall be ;
- For MBBS is 55% (110/200)
- For BDS is 45% (90/200)
What is the Age Limit for UHS MDCAT 2023?
There is no maximum or minimum age limit for appearing in the entrance test as per Pakistan Medical Commission (PMC) regulations.
Who can Apply For UHS MDCAT 2023?
I. Candidates domiciled in any district of Punjab and the federal capital (Islamabad) can give an entrance test in Punjab.
ii Candidates from Gilgit-Baltistan (Northern Territories) can attend the entrance test For admission to the seats reserved for them in Punjab Govt Medical/Dental Institutions of Punjab
iii Children of Overseas Pakistanis and dual citizens of Pakistani origin may appear for the entrance test (if they have not passed the SAT II/SAT Subject Test with a minimum score of 550/800 marks in each of the three science subjects of Biology, Chemistry and Physics/Mathematics or MCAT® International with a minimum cumulative score of 500/528, for admission to medical / Dental Institutions under the category of open merit seats against the seats reserved for them For Children of Overseas Pakistanis/Dual Citizenship of Pakistani Origin in Medical/Dental College of Punjab.
Eligibility For UHS MDCAT 2023
1. Candidate has passed Intermediate Science (HSSC/F.Sc.) Examination (Pre-Med Group) obtaining at least 55% (605/1100) unadjusted (excluding marks for memorization of Quran etc) from the Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education in Pakistan.
Candidate has passed other examinations (eg, A level, 12th grade, IB, etc.) Foreign University or Examining Institution with Biology, Chemistry, Physics subjects/Mathematics, which has been made compulsory by the Pakistan Medical Commission, and in which, The scope and quality, after verification by the Inter-Board Committee, are found to be equivalent.
Intermediate Science (HSSC/F.Sc.) of Pakistan with Chairman (IBCC) Pakistan Minimum 55% (605/1100) marks.
2. No additional credit will be given for qualifications beyond HSSC or its equivalent.
3. In case of a foreign qualification, the candidate must have passed HSSC equivalent examinations in Biology and Chemistry subjects. The study group mentioned by IBCC on his/her equivalence certificate shall have no effect on the eligibility for admission.
4. A candidate who has appeared in the qualifying examination i.e. HSSC, 12th standard or equivalent. Exam of the current year and whose results are still awaited, can apply and sit for the said exam. But he/she will not be eligible for admission to MBBS or BDS if he or does not pass the qualifying examination with the required marks.
UHS MDCAT Test Centers
The Testis conducted in the following cities:
(A) Southern Punjab
Multan, D.G. Khan, Bahawalpur and Rahim Yar Khan
(B) Central Punjab
Lahore, Faisalabad, Sahiwal, Gujrat, Sargodha, Sialkot and Gujranwala
(C) Northern Punjab
Rawalpindi and Hasan Abdal
UHS MDCAT Preparation Tips
If you are planning on taking the UHS MDCAT entrance exam in 2023, know that it is more than just a test. It is an opportunity for you to show your skills and knowledge as well as get your foot in the door of one of the top colleges in Punjab. Here are some tips to help you prepare
1. Get sufficient sleep and eat healthy meals with lots of fruits and vegetables each day.
2. Take practice tests at least 2 weeks before the exam to be sure you have time to make corrections before taking the real thing.
3. Create a study schedule so you know when to do what type of study activity.
4. Make use of Pakiology.com’s free MDCAT mock tests.
5. Practice the UHS MDCAT Past papers.
Hope this article has helped you. If you find it useful then please share the link with MDCAT aspirants. If you have any doubt feel free to ask in the comment below we will be happy to help you. Thanks for reading.