The NUMS (National University of Medical Sciences) entry test is a prerequisite for admission to the undergraduate medical and dental programs offered by the National University of Medical Sciences (NUMS) in Pakistan. The test is conducted by the University and is mandatory for all applicants seeking admission to the MBBS and BDS programs at NUMS.
NUMS Test Format 2023
NUMS Entry Test (NET) shall comprise two components:
This part of the NUMS entry test consists of multiple-choice questions (MCQs) in the following subjects:
- Biology – 35% (55 MCQs)
- Chemistry – 25% (40 MCQs)
- Physics – 25% (40 MCQs)
- English – 10% (15 MCQs)
Difficulty level for MCQs of Biology, Chemistry, and Physics:
- Easy: 25%
- Moderate: 60%
- Hard: 15%
PART ‘B’ Psychological Test:
- Carries 5% weightage of NUMS Entry Test (NET)
- Consists of 100 ‘One Best Option Type’ Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) with a stipulated time of 30 minutes
- Qualifying for the psychological test shall be mandatory
- No negative marking
Medical colleges Under NUMS
The following medical colleges are under the National University of Medical Sciences (NUMS):
- Army Medical College, Rawalpindi: One of the oldest and most prestigious medical colleges in Pakistan, offering undergraduate and postgraduate medical education.
- CMH Lahore Medical College, Lahore: A well-reputed college, offering undergraduate and postgraduate medical education and having a strong reputation for its clinical training.
- CMH Multan Institute of Medical Sciences, Multan: A leading medical college in Multan, offers undergraduate and postgraduate medical education and has a reputation for its research and training opportunities.
- CMH Institute of Medical Sciences, Bahawalpur: A well-established medical college in Bahawalpur, offering undergraduate and postgraduate medical education and providing quality clinical training.
- Rawalpindi Medical College, Rawalpindi: A renowned medical college in Rawalpindi, offers undergraduate and postgraduate medical education and has a strong reputation for its clinical training and research opportunities.
- CMH Kharian Medical College, Kharian: A leading medical college in Kharian, offering undergraduate and postgraduate medical education and providing quality clinical training.
- CMH Quetta Institute of Medical Sciences, Quetta: A well-established medical college in Quetta, offers undergraduate and postgraduate medical education and has a reputation for its research and training opportunities.
These colleges are affiliated with the National University of Medical Sciences (NUMS) which is a public-sector medical university.
NUMS Merit/Weightage Formula:
NUMS is following the below weightage formula for the selection of candidates in the NUMS colleges. The weightage formula is designed to ensure that the most suitable candidates are selected for the medical programs offered by NUMS. The weightage formula is as follows:
|NUMS Entry Test||25%|
It should be noted that the weightage formula is subject to change and the actual weightage may vary depending on the program and the college. Also, it is important to note that these are just guidelines and universities may vary their weights to select the most appropriate students for their programs.
Please keep in mind that this is general information and the actual merit criteria may vary depending on the college and the year of admission.
NUMS Test Registration 2023
The following is the schedule for the NUMS Entry Test which includes the key dates for registration, the merit list display, and the test date. It is important to note that the schedule may be subject to change, so it’s advisable to keep checking the official website for updates.
|Registration Start||26th July 2023|
|NUMS Entry Test 2023 Date||15th October 2023|
|Merit List Display||12th December 2023|
NUMS Eligibility Criteria 2023
To be eligible for the NUMS Entry Test 2023, candidates must meet the following basic qualifications:
- Valid citizenship of Pakistan, Overseas Pakistanis, Dual Nationals, or Foreign Nationals.
- Candidates who have completed their FSc/HSSC/A-Levels/ 12th Grade, or are awaiting results can also apply for the NUMS Entry Test 2023.
- It should be noted that the NUMS Entry Test 2022 is not valid for admission in the MBBS/BDS session 2022-23.
- To be eligible for admission in the MBBS and BDS programs, candidates must have scored at least 60% marks in their FSc (Pre-Medical) or equivalent qualification.
- The pass percentage for the MDCAT for NUMS is as follows:
- MBBS Admission: 55%
- BDS Admission: 45%
NUMS Test 2023 Centres
The National University of Medical Sciences (NUMS) offers its entry test at various locations across Pakistan to ensure that the test is accessible to candidates from different regions. The following is a list of the test centers for the NUMS entry test, candidates are required to select their nearest location for the test:
How to Apply for NUMS Entry Test 2023?
The registration form for the NUMS entry test 2023 must be completed online. It is recommended to use a laptop or desktop computer for the registration process, as mobile phone registration is not supported. Below are the steps for registering for the NUMS entry test 2023:
- Click on the “First Time Registration” button on the official website of NUMS.
- Select your appropriate option: CNIC/Form B for local students, NICOP for overseas Pakistani or dual nationals, and Passport for foreigners.
- Enter your CNIC/Form B/NICOP/Passport number, as it cannot be changed later on.
- Enter your full name as it appears on your SSC/O level/10th-grade certificate.
- Enter your active and functional email address.
- Create a password with a minimum of 6 characters and confirm it.
- Enter the captcha and click on the “Register” button.
- After registration, log in to the NUMS Entry Test 2023 registration portal.
The online registration process is divided into four steps:
Step 1: Upload a passport-size photograph with a blue background and a clear front side of your CNIC/Form B/NICOP/Passport. (Note: Unprofessional photographs or selfies are not allowed)
Step 2: Provide your profile information and select two unique test center locations in order of preference. (Note: The university reserves the right to assign a different test center based on seating capacity)
Step 3: Download and upload the fee challan. Print the challan and pay it at the nearest HBL bank.
Step 4: Submit your application by clicking on the “Final Submit” button.
Note that after applying, you will not receive any email or SMS confirmation. The statement “Your application has been submitted successfully” on the screen is the confirmation of your submission. You can also edit your application information before the last date of registration by logging in with the same CNIC/Form B/NICOP/Passport number.
It is important to note that the application must be submitted through the online portal only, and no hard copies are required. Also, the mobile number and email provided on the registration form should be functional for contact as and when required by the university.
NUMS Entry Test 2023 Syllabus
The NUMS entry test 2023 syllabus is the blueprint of the topics and concepts that will be covered in the test. It includes the subjects, chapters, and subtopics that will be tested in the NUMS entry test. These subjects are:
- Biology: This section covers topics such as cell biology, genetics, evolution, ecology, and plant, and animal physiology.
- Chemistry: This section covers topics such as atomic structure, chemical bonding, chemical reactions, acids and bases, and organic chemistry.
- Physics: This section covers topics such as mechanics, wave motion, thermodynamics, electricity and magnetism, and modern physics.
- English: This section assesses the candidate’s proficiency in the English language, including grammar, vocabulary, comprehension, and sentence construction.
You can download the full syllabus for NUMS Entry Test 2023 When NUMS announces. Till that you can follow the NUMS 2022 syllabus. Click Here
Test Day Important Instructions
The candidates must arrive at their designated test centers at least three hours before the scheduled start time of the NUMS entry test 2023, which is 10:00 AM PST. Test centers will be closed and sealed 30 minutes before the start of the test.
The NUMS entry test 2023 will be conducted simultaneously at all local exam centers. The test time for international centers will be indicated on the admit card.
Admit cards, also known as roll number slips, will be generated for all eligible candidates. Candidates are required to download them from the NUMS website, numspak.edu.pk, by entering their CNIC, Passport, NICOP, or Form B number.
On the day of the test, candidates must bring the following items with them:
- A printed copy of their admit card (downloaded from the website)
- Original Form “B” (with an original matriculation certificate bearing the candidate’s photograph) or original CNIC or original passport/NICOP. No other forms of identification will be accepted. In case of loss of Form “B” or CNIC, candidates must provide an original NADRA slip as proof that they have applied for a new Form “B” or CNIC.
- A clean clipboard
- Two blue or black ballpoint pens (not pointers, markers, pencils, gel pens, etc)
- Mobile phones, smartwatches, and other electronic devices are not allowed in the examination hall. Violation of this rule will result in disciplinary action, which may include cancellation of the test and disqualification from the NUMS entry test 2023.
What is the date of NUMS entry test 2023?
The NUMS entry test 2023 is expected to be held on Sunday 15th of October 2023.
Who is eligible for NUMS entry test?
Eligibility for the NUMS entry test includes: completing FSc (Pre-Medical) or equivalent with a minimum of 60% marks, appearing in the entry test conducted by NUMS, and meeting other eligibility criteria as per NUMS guidelines.
Which Medical colleges are under NUMS?
Medical colleges under NUMS include Army Medical College, Rawalpindi, CMH Lahore Medical College, Lahore, CMH Multan Institute of Medical Sciences, Multan, CMH Institute of Medical Sciences, Bahawalpur, Rawalpindi Medical College, Rawalpindi, CMH Kharian Medical College, Kharian, CMH Quetta Institute of Medical Sciences, Quetta.
How to prepare for NUMS entry test?
To prepare for the NUMS entry test, the following tips can be helpful: Understand the format and structure of the test, familiarize yourself with the syllabus and the types of questions that will be asked, use recommended study materials such as books, past papers, and practice with sample test and mock exams, make a study schedule and stick to it, make sure to get enough rest and stay healthy, practice time management and focus during the test.