A “courtesy essay” is a type of essay that focuses on the concept of “courtesy,” which refers to polite, considerate, and respectful behavior towards others. In a courtesy essay, the writer may discuss the importance of showing courtesy to others, provide examples of how to be courteous in different situations, and explain why practicing courtesy is important in building and maintaining positive relationships.
A courtesy essay could also include examples of specific actions or behaviors that demonstrate courtesy. For example, a person might show courtesy by holding the door open for someone else, offering a kind word of encouragement, or listening attentively to another person’s point of view.
In a courtesy essay, the writer could also discuss the benefits of practicing courtesy in daily life. For example, showing courtesy can help to improve relationships with others, create a more positive and pleasant environment, and prevent conflicts and misunderstandings. Additionally, being courteous can also reflect well on the person displaying it, helping to build a good reputation and foster respect from others.
Here are a few possible quotations that could be included in a courtesy essay:
- “Courtesy is the oil that eases the friction of daily living.” (Author Unknown)
- “A little courtesy goes a long way. Just a simple act of kindness can make a big difference in someone’s day.” (Author Unknown)
- “Consideration for others is the basis of a good life, a good society.” (Confucius)
- “Civility costs nothing and buys everything.” (Mary Wortley Montagu)
- “It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.” (Friedrich Nietzsche)
- “The test of good manners is to be able to put up pleasantly with bad ones.” (Walter R. Agard)
- “Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.” (Mark Twain)
These quotations illustrate the value and significance of showing courtesy to others and could be used to support the writer’s arguments and ideas in a courtesy essay.
Here are a few more quotations that could be used in a courtesy essay:
- “Civility is not a sign of weakness.” (John F. Kennedy)
- “Civility is not a matter of formality. It is a matter of respect.” (Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg)
- “Civility is not a means to an end, it is the end itself.” (Jonathan Rauch)
- “Civility is not just a social nicety. It is the grease that allows society to function.” (Maggie Gallagher)
- “Civility is not a trait of the weak, but of the strong. It takes more strength to be civil than to be rude.” (Dr. John F. Demartini)
- “Civility is not an option. It is an obligation of citizenship.” (Barack Obama)
- “Civility is not dead. It is simply waiting for us to invite it back into our lives.” (Author Unknown)
Overall, a courtesy essay could be an effective way to explore the concept of courtesy and its importance in our lives. By discussing the meaning of courtesy, providing examples of courteous behavior, and highlighting the benefits of practicing courtesy, a writer could create a compelling and thoughtful essay on this important topic.
Find more Essays on the following Topics